Has anyone figured out how to circulate "one-off"/independent e-books to your library patrons? We have ebooks that are not from major vendors like EBL, etc that we have permission to loan. However, I want to be sure that we have some sort of controls on them so that we are not simply distributing free copies.

I envision a "system" that would take a non-DRM ebook file (PDF?) and place limits on it for a specific time-frame. This system would also track what is out and what is available.

I think think of various individual pieces that may work in my context, but not the full system.

There is great potential here. Any musings or thoughts would be welcome.

David B. Malone, MLIS, CA
Associate Professor
Buswell Memorial Library
Wheaton College