From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Scancella, John [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] JAVA deployment and msi

Hi Bohyun,

How specifically are you deploying the msi package? I would imagine any organization large enough to have this problem to have Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or some other kind of central software management.

Msi files are nothing more than a payload with a special script that is run when you double click on it (or deploy it via some management software). So you could roll your own by creating a simple powershell script that installs it for you, or even a super simple batch file.

Looking at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/silent-136552.html you simply need to add the /s for a silent install.
Perhaps you could provide more details as to the problem you are running into? More details is always better than less.

John