From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of davesgonechina
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Data Lifecycle Tracking & Documentation Tools

Hi all,

One of my projects involves harvesting, cleaning and transforming steady streams of metadata from numerous publishers. It's an infinite loop but every cycle can be a little bit or significantly different. Many issue tracking tools are designed for a linear progression that ends in deployment, not a circular workflow, and I've not hit upon a tool or use strategy that really fits.

The best illustration I've found so far of the type of workflow I'm talking about is the DCC Curation Lifecycle Model <http://www.dcc.ac.uk/sites/default/files/documents/publications/DCCLifecycle.pdf>
.

Here are some things I've tried or thought about trying:

   - Git comments
   - Github Issues
   - MySQL comments
   - Bash script logs