When I did testing to see if patrons knew what digital collections meant, they generally clicked on the databases link. No one I tested with clicked on digital collections at all even when they were supposed to, and never chose that instead of databases. Still musing about solutions--my main solution has been to improve keywords so the digitized collections will show up in searches.

Margaret Heller
Digital Services Librarian
773-508-2686