From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Erik Sandall
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] talking about "digital collections" vs "electronic resources"

Most patrons won't understand the meanings of "digital collections" and "electronic resources". We should use terminology that they would use.
My brain is a fog this morning so I don't have any brilliant suggestions at the moment. There is likely to be UX-type research about this in the current literature. "Databases" is probably better, for example.
"Articles" is probably even better than "databases".

For what it's worth...

/Erik

--
Erik Sandall, MLIS
Electronic Services Librarian & Webmaster Mechanics' Institute