With the overwhelming response to the recent post about a Python/PyMARC code club on the Code4Lib list, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in something similar for Drupal. As a Drupal user and a wannabe module developer, I'm finding that reading other people's modules (especially core) is one of the best ways to really understand what's going on under the hood. Much like Python, Drupal has its own unique idioms and ways of looking at problems, and reading modules helps one get into this mindset.

If anyone else is interested in this, please let me know either through a reply to this thread or a direct email ([log in to unmask]). If there is sufficient interest, I'll try to set up something similar to what the Python/PyMARC crowd is doing.

- Bryan Brown