The Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management (SEI) is an intensive workshop featuring a curriculum that specifically addresses the requirements of today's professional, including hands-on and lecture modules. Expert instructors cover intellectual property rights, the digital lifecycle, metadata and cataloging, essential tools of image management, digital preservation, and uses of images in digital humanities. In its twelfth year as a joint program between the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF), SEI 2015 will be held at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign from June 9-12, 2015.

The SEI curriculum is especially suited to information professionals new to the field and those currently enrolled in library schools who wish to gain image management training, as well as  more experienced professionals eager to respond to fast-changing technological advancements and job requirements. Individuals with a range of professional roles have benefited from past SEIs, including visual resources professionals, university and public librarians, archivists, and museum professionals responsible for image rights and reproductions. Recent graduates have noted: “SEI was enormously helpful, since I’ve never actually worked in visual resources”; and “. . . useful in showing me the range of the field, and what I might encounter in a different position.”

More information about SEI, including curriculum, instructors and registration instructions, can be found on the workshop websitePlease feel free to contact SEI co-chairs, Meghan Musolff ([log in to unmask]) or Greta Bahnemann ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

--------------------

Meghan Musolff

Special Projects Librarian for LIT and Omeka Coordinator

University of Michigan Library

734-647-5978

-------------------------

Greta Bahnemann

Metadata Coordinator - Minnesota Digital Library

University of Minnesota

612-625-6497

--
Meghan Musolff
Special Projects Librarian for Library IT
University of Michigan Library
734-647-5978

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1