I appreciate your input Kyle, thanks. If your discovery strategy is
predicated on having your scholarly IR harvested and presented to the world
through a separate discovery tool and the vast bulk of your document views
are coming from Google and Google Scholar users, does this lessen the
'compelling experience' requirement? I take your point about a potential
Maintenance headache further down the road, but would like to think this
could be mitigated by appropriate design and planning.

Peter

PS: Anything I express here is purely my own sentiment.