UNM used Cascade Server. That CMS is expensive, but at least it's terrible.
I built a site for OU in libguides CMS; I like springshare and once you
understand how to use the system to get around the limitations in any CMS,
I think it worked pretty well. I've done some Drupal work and have no love
for it. Here at HAM-TMC we use WordPress, which has worked out pretty well.
In general it's a reasonably robust system for many purposes and regular
developers and power-users can do what they need to do by working outside
the gui and editing source code directly. I haven't been using it here very
long, but it's been pretty solid from what I've seen so far. At OU I also
experimented with MODX . . . I really liked that CMS (it's really more of a
framework, but it accomplished some of what you need from a CMS), but we
came to the conclusion that it would have been too difficult for some of
our regular web editors to work with. If I had all my druthers, MODX would
probably be my first choice of the systems I've worked with . . . but
that's in an environment where content editors were less of a consideration.

Best regards,
*Jason Bengtson, MLIS, MA*

Innovation Architect
The Texas Medical Center Library