You might take a look at a couple of projects.

First to split your pdf up you could use the python based stapler program.
-> https://github.com/hellerbarde/stapler/tree/master

And to convert the pdf to html you would take a look at pdf2htmlEX ->
https://github.com/coolwanglu/pdf2htmlEX

--
Ronald Houk
Assistant Director