Dear Code4Libbers,

The Code4Lib 2016 Conference Philly Local Planning Committee is *calling
on volunteers to form a Website/Platform Working Group* to help make
improvements to the current conference "site" (aka, category sections of
the wiki with sprinklings of blog posts). There is no doubt that the
overall online experience for conference attendees could be improved if
user goals were better planned for and designed with intention.  The
current site is also a poor reflection of the mad skills that floweth
over in this community, which impacts how the group and conference is
perceived by potential sponsors, colleagues, and even the community itself.

What does not floweth over as readily in this community is spare time,
but even small contributions are appreciated and many hands make light
work.  The scope of what the Website Working Group can accomplish is
intentionally open-ended, and will depend on the size and enthusiasm of
the team.  So, if you care about this community, want to make a positive
change, and would like to showcase some of your skills, please sign up
on the wiki (link below) so we can get closer to init().  Volunteers of
all skill sets are welcome and encouraged to help: Designers,
Developers, Drupalists, Writers, UX experts, Testers, etc.

The Code4LibCon Documentation Group is already doing great work updating
moldy content and making recommendations to facilitate knowledge
retention and transfer among conference hosts. The Website Working Group
will be collaborating with this team (among others) as we work towards
awesomeness.

We are sending this to the main Code4Lib listserv since the work may
also require or enable enhancements to the Code4Lib site in general --
even if you don't attend the conference, that should not stop you from
getting involved.

Sign up here:
http://wiki.code4lib.org/2016_Conference_Committees

Thanks,
Shaun Ellis
On behalf of the Code4LibCon 2016 Philly LPC

--
Shaun Ellis
User Interface Developer, Digital Initiatives