On 6 April 2015, Roy Tennant wrote:

> I agree with Terry. His decisions on how to deal with his codebase has
> stood the test of time. Open source doesn't mean squat if no one steps up
> to maintain it (and I have some experience with that), so having someone
> dedicated to maintaining it is not a bad strategy. It may not beds the most
> politically correct solution, but so be it. Running (and maintained) code
> trumps everything.

It doesn't trump software freedom, in my opinion, and I don't understand the
apparent feeling that free software can't have a dedicated long-term maintainer,
but how other people handle their code is up to them, and I'm glad to now know
the reasoning in this case.

Bill
--
William Denton ↔  Toronto, Canada ↔  https://www.miskatonic.org/