Wikipedia Editor
American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
New York City

The JDC Archives is the institutional repository of the American Jewish Joint
Distribution Committee (JDC), the world's leading Jewish humanitarian
assistance organization since its founding in 1914. Holding over 3 miles of
records documenting JDC's global rescue, relief, and renewal work in over 90
countries in the past century, the JDC Archives is one of the most significant
collections in the world for the study of modern Jewish history.

We seek students for an experiential education opportunity to support our
digitization program, an ongoing effort that has digitized and made available
online more than 2.4 million pages of text and 63,000 photographs. The
position includes two main areas of activity:

The goal of this project is to increase the visibility of our archival
resources on Wikipedia. The Wikipedia editor will identify, edit, and/or add
information to Wikipedia articles that pertain to primary source material in
the JDC Archives.

Responsibilities:

• Review existing text and links to ensure accuracy and update as needed

• Identify content from the Archives that can be added to existing Wikipedia
entries

• Write new entries based on JDC Archives resources

Qualifications:

Experience editing Wikipedia articles preferred; an interest in and knowledge
of 20th-century Jewish history helpful but not essential.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20771/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/