Be aware of data transfer cost if you are using Glacier.
Glacier is excellent choice for archive use, but you want to be sure these
files shall not be accessed often.

You shall consider the total cost of ownership including data transfer
cost, which could be very expensive if you retrieve more than 5%? Of your
data. It adds up quickly if you do not check carefully.

I have one article to-be-published discussing Amazon S3 , Glacier. Also
including history of data transfer and storage cost over the past 7 years
in Library Hi-tech.

For id, I designed and implemented  a unique persistent id system for all
the digital files (which is also used as DOI if needed).

Yan Han
The University of Arizona Libraries