From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Stuart Snydman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Announcing Mirador 2.0 and projectmirador.org

We are excited to (officially) announce the release of Mirador version 2.0.  Please visit our new project website at http://projectmirador.org. Here you will find a live demo, a four minute screencast demonstrating Mirador 2.0's features, and links to the code repository and documentation (https://github.com/IIIF/mirador/).

The 2.0 release of Mirador builds and improves upon the first release with major user interface improvements and a rich feature set. These include:
Deep zoom and pan using OpenSeadragon
Multiple viewing modes, including single image, two-page, horizontal scroll and thumbnail gallery
Synchronized navigation of multi-image objects by filmstrip or table of contents (when available)
Metadata view
Comparison of multiple images in a fully configurable workspace
State saving and bookmarking for sharing a workspace
Embeddable in blogs and third-party web apps
Annotation
Notably, Mirador now supports viewing and creation of annotations on regions of images. The annotation functionality is fully compatible with the OpenAnnotation specification (http://www.openannotation.org/), and of course Mirador 2.0 is fully compliant with the IIIF Image and Presentation API's (http://iiif.io).

A variety of features are in the backlog for the next version, and you can view the updated roadmap at https://github.com/IIIF/mirador/wiki/Mirador-2.1-Roadmap.

Mirador 2.0 is the result of a gratifying global collaboration. Many thanks and congratulations to the lead development team, which consists of Drew Winget from Stanford University and Rashmi Singhal from Harvard University. Mirador 2.0 would not have been possible without contributions of code, advice, testing and support by many others at Harvard, Stanford and the IIIF community. See a full list of acknowledgements on the project website.

As we look forward to subsequent releases, improvements and extensions to Mirador, we invite contributions of issues, bug fixes, and new features by others. If you are interested, please sign up for the [log in to unmask] list, and head to Github to read the contributor guidelines and get started.

-Stu Snydman

Stuart Snydman
Associate Director for Digital Strategy
Stanford University Libraries