From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Francis Kayiwa
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 3:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Mac OS 9 emulator

On 4/22/15 3:19 PM, Bryan Baldus wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:54 PM, Matt Sherman wrote:
>> Why would you not just run an instance in Virtual Box?
>
> Does Virtual Box support Mac OS 9 now? I haven't kept up on developments recently, but in the first few results in Googling "virtualbox Mac os 9" (without the quotes), it doesn't appear to be so ([1], [2]), though they are from 2008-2012.

This was my first reaction but I am too lazy to dig into it. I do know Virtual Box et. al., by default think we all live in an x86 world and while I've used Power et. al., with the aforementioned tools I've always found them wanting in a way that qemu (another painful recommendation) and sheepshaver were not.

Cheers,
./fxk

--
You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were easier to do.