I agree with Terry. His decisions on how to deal with his codebase has
stood the test of time. Open source doesn't mean squat if no one steps up
to maintain it (and I have some experience with that), so having someone
dedicated to maintaining it is not a bad strategy. It may not beds the most
politically correct solution, but so be it. Running (and maintained) code
trumps everything.
Roy