I wanted to let you know about this event which I think most people will find very interesting. Hope to see you there!
The Digital Asset Symposium (DAS) is being held at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC on May 8. This unique event brings together a cross-section of experts from Media & Entertainment, Broadcast, Museums, Government, Academia and Corporations to engage on the topic of managing, using and leveraging digital assets. The event focuses on case studies in order to keep it grounded and pragmatic. DAS promotes a high degree of discussion, keeping the audience together for the entire day of programming in order to create an atmosphere that is conducive to sharing and engaging.
-- Speakers and Topics --
- Tracey Shaw of WWE on the launch of the WWE Network
- Ben Fino-Radin of MoMA on the development of the world's first digital preservation repository for museum collections
- Walter Bruehs of the FBI Forensic Audio, Video, and Imagery Analysis Unit on the work of the FBI Forensics unit
- Steny Solitude of Perfect Memory and Jean-Louis Blanchard of the Belgium Ministry of Culture on the Implementation of a semantic search platform
- Todd Carter of Tagasauris on the HyperTED project
- Tanya Clement of University of Texas on the HiPSTAS project, aimed at automated extraction of metadata from large collections
- Johan Oomen on implementing metadata R&D into production systems at Netherlands Sound & Vision
- Sayeed Choudhury of Johns Hopkins University on establishing digital preservation repositories for research and science