On Fri, 22 May 2015, Sarles Patricia (18K500) wrote:

[trimmed]

> I plan to teach coding to my 6th and 12th grade students next school year and our lab has a mixture of old (2008) and new Macs (2015) so I want to make all the Macs functional for writing code in an editor.
>
> My next question is this:
>
> I am familiar with free Web creation and hosting sites like Weebly, Wix,
> Google sites, Wikispaces, WordPress, and Blogger, but do you know of any
> free hosting sites that will allow you to plug in your own code. i.e.
> host your own html files?

If it's straight HTML, and doesn't need any sort of text pre-processing
(SSI, ASP, JSP, PHP, ColdFusion, etc.), I think that you can use Google
Drive.  This help page seems to suggest that's true:

 	https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2881970?hl=en

With all static files it might also be possible to lay things out so that
you could serve it through github or similar.  (and teaching them about
version control isn't a bad idea, either)

-Joe