An interesting question. I am not sure if there is one great source for
that. You can get some idea of open source platforms from FOSS4Lib. I think
Wikipedia actually has a listing of software, but not 100% sure on that. It
is slightly more institutional repository focused, but the Directory of
Open Access Repositories has an interesting statistics section, which I
think includes a chart of what software is used in each repository. I can't
speak to your Greenstone question, I'm not aware of many that use it, but
there could still be a strong user group out there.  Hope that helps a
little.

Matt Sherman