That's an education issue, as I pointed out in the course. Understanding
that it can be an issue helps students when they edit or convert other
types of text in other types of encoding further on down the line. The
biggest advantage of textedit is that people have it.

Best regards,
*Jason Bengtson, MLIS, MA*
Innovation Architect

*Houston Academy of MedicineThe Texas Medical Center Library*
1133 John Freeman Blvd
Houston, TX   77030
http://library.tmc.edu/
www.jasonbengtson.com