Hey, glad to see you here!

You might want to check out
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_6/Friday/OSX_text_editor
- Boston Python Workshop has spent a while coming up with bulletproof
instructions for people with a wide range of experience. The links at that
page no longer work but the files are still available at Sourceforge, so
you can make an amended version easily enough.

--
Andromeda Yelton
Board of Directors, Library & Information Technology Association: