Yes, it definitely does. Which actually is a problem for Wikipedia
because it encourages people/companies to try to get entries into WP for
SEO purposes and so that the sidebox will show up. I spend a lot of time
on the "articles for deletion" pages of WP trying to get these
promotional pages out of the encyclopedia. A big success is when I see
them disappear from search results. (BTW, the various ways that
self-published authors of written crap game the system is truly
astonishing. A+ for effort, and their skill in PR is way beyond their
literary skills.)

kc

--
Karen Coyle