Sarles Patricia (18K500) wrote:
> I just this minute subscribed to this list after reading Andromeda Yelton's column in American Libraries from yesterday with great interest since I would like to teach coding in my high school library next year.
>
> I purchased Andy Harris' HTML5 and CSS3 All-in-One For Dummies for my summer reading and the free HTML editors he mentions in the book are either not really free or are not compatible with my lab's 2008 Macs.
>
> Can anyone recommend a free HTML editor for older Macs?

Well... you could see if SeaMonkey runs - it includes Composer which
gives you both WYSIWIG and HTML source editing - or it's later
derivatives NVU and Komposer.  Since those are relatively old, they
should run on a circa 2008 Mac.

Of course any text editor will let you edit HTML - and, assuming you're
running OS X, you've got unix underneath.  You've pretty much got your
pick of anything that will run in a console window or an X-window.

Your real problem might be running a browser that's new enough to
support HTML5 and CSS3.  Otherwise, editing HTML isn't going to do you
much good.