From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pikas, Christina K.
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] API to retrieve scholarly publications by author

The Scopus API: http://dev.elsevier.com/sc_apis.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alex Armstrong
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi list,

What are some good API options for retrieving a list of scholarly publications by author?

I would like to be able to grab them and display them on a website along with other information about each author.

Google Scholar does not have a public API as far as I can tell.

CrossRef metadata search does not allow to search by author.

Orcid seems promising. I would have to ask the users I have in mind to add or import their publications to Orcid, as most of them are not on there already. That's doable, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do what I described above with their public (as opposed to their member) API.

Any other ideas or thoughts?

Best,
Alex Armstrong