We're seeking to hire a User Experience/Front-End Web Developer (2180-7)

The Richland Library is looking for a UX/Front-End Web Developer who thrives on creative opportunities and challenging projects. This individual exhibits and embraces outside-the-box thinking, and is passionate for creating succinct, streamlined, and super-intuitive online experiences. He or she has demonstrated experience working with custom-built online applications, personas, prototypes, and wireframes, along with necessary technological skills. The person hired will report to the Manager of Marketing and Digital Strategy, and will work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team.

Are you ready to help create exceptional user experiences for Richland Library customers? If so, we encourage you to apply!

All Richland Library employees are committed to:

	* Effectively demonstrating the characteristics of being energetic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of Richland Library's customer engagement standards.
	* Successfully ascertaining individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
	* Engaging, encouraging, and assisting diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.

Essential functions of the UX/Front-End Web Developer job include:

	* Developing outstanding web experiences, which drive site activity and increase usability.
	* Partnering with stakeholders to determine the best way to deliver our services to customers through the Library's web sites.
	* Designing and creating page layouts (comps); and developing, testing and deploying responsive, mobile-first Drupal websites and themes.
	* Serving as the primary support for the Library's existing Drupal websites and themes.
	* Assisting in project scoping and planning activities.
	* Providing user experience and technical input during strategy and planning phases, and aiding others in adopting new technologies and methodologies.
	* Staying up-to-date on digital technologies and marketing trends, sharing and applying knowledge.
	* Participating in development and implementation of interactive web features using Drupal content management system ("CMS"), MySQL, JQuery, along with tools like Adobe CS4 and other tools as needed.
	* Providing analysis of usage data (e.g. Google Analytics).
	* Reviewing and recommending modules, hardware, and software.
	* Maintaining and applying current knowledge of search engine optimization ("SEO"), best practices, and usability standards.

Other important responsibilities:

	* May be providing UX/UI expertise to the Technology Department as Technology looks to "re-architecture" the user experience of applications such as the Library's intranet, etc.
	* May be supporting the customization and/or development of social networking applications.
	* Applying outside-the-box thinking to working with various aspects of job duties, from wireframes and coding to site optimization and maintenance.

Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:

	* Bachelor's degree; plus at least 2 years relevant CMS-driven site development work. Or associate's degree (or documented equivalent); plus at least 5 years relevant and successful front-end web development experience. Transcripts and documentation of experience required upon hire.
	* Proven skills for coding in HTML5, PHP, CSS3, JavaScript and jQuery. Portfolio of work showcasing your frontend skills and knowledge is required at time of interview.
	* Familiarity with administration and customization of a Drupal web site; ability to work with custom built Drupal themes, including custom TPL files
	* Ability to move a project from concept, to wireframe, to comp, to coded masterpiece.
	* Design & code concepts that are cross-platform and cross-browser in HTML/CSS and JavaScript.
	* Ability to perform job functions and requirements.

Your job will involve your being "on the move" in our libraries: It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds.

Basic information about the job: Location, salary, hours

	* Where:          Marketing and Digital Strategies Dept.** Main Library; 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201 (VAC# 2180-7)
	* Salary:            $1,879.50 biweekly, plus benefits
	* Hours:            37.5 hours per week  (Occasional evening, weekend, or emergency hours as needed)

** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.

Why the Richland Library?

	* At Richland Library, we connect customers of all ages and backgrounds with experiences that inform, inspire, and entertain.  Being present in the moment of curiosity, and helping create the spark of connection, make working in a library one of the most interesting and satisfying jobs in the world.
	* The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community.  Be a part of our team and change the way our customers work, play, create, and communicate.
	* The Richland Library is strongly supported and highly valued by its community and leaders.
	* We are guided by our shared Vision: "to improve the quality of life for everyone who interacts with Richland Library"; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community and ensuring its well-being by providing access to resources and services that meet vital needs.

APPLY IMMEDIATELY. No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications are being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance.

Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed, and you may attach your resume and/or cover letter with your online application.

If you are interested in joining our forward-thinking and innovative team in this important and influential position, visit http://rcpl.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx to begin the application process.

The Richland Library is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. For more information about our Library system, explore the Richland Library website at www.richlandlibrary.com.