Tom, Google will not tell you. The entirety of how Google search works
is a trade secret. We don't know the algorithm for ranking, and we don't
know what information they glean from web pages -- and they are unlikely
to tell. It is a constant on the schema.org discussion list that
developers want to know what Google/Bing/Yahoo/Yandex will do with
specific information in the web pages, and it is a constant that the
reps there reply: we cannot tell you that. The only way to find out is
to code and observe.

kc