I'm having a particular problem with using the Google Books API. I put this up on Stack Overflow a couple days ago, but who knows if I'll get a reply. Can anyone here help?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30340578/google-book-viewer-api-cant-hide-then-show

This is in an EBSCO Discovery Service bottom branding widget - if a match is found, the viewer displays. That part works. The issue comes when I hide the containing div via CSS and then, in the function that runs when a match is found, change the ID to unhide the widget. At that point it won't display properly. As a workaround I found that if I throw an error, the book preview displays, but without the search box and navigation elements. It would be nice to have those.

I simplified the code for Stack Overflow—what I've actually got in EDS is here:
https://bitbucket.org/los-rios-libraries/eds-google-books-widget

If you want an example of how it looks in practice:
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,guest&custid=sacram&groupid=main&profile=eds&direct=true&db=cat01047a&AN=lrois.b1326415&site=eds-live&scope=site

--
Jeff Karlsen
Librarian & Library Dept. Chair