Join the HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC) and InPhO Project for a half-day tutorial on HathiTrust data access and topic modeling at JCDL 2015 in Knoxville, TN on Sunday, June 21, 2015, 9am-12pm!

http://www.jcdl2015.org/

Topic Exploration with the HTRC Data Capsule for Non-Consumptive Research
Organizers: Jaimie Murdock, Jiaan Zeng and Robert H. McDonald
Abstract: In this half-day tutorial, we will show 1) how the HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC) Data Capsule can be used for non-­consumptive research over collection of texts and 2) how integrated tools for LDA topic modeling and visualization can be used to drive formulation of new research questions. Participants will be given an account in the HTRC Data Capsule and taught how to use the workset manager to create a corpus, and then use the VM’s secure mode to download texts and analyze their contents.

We draw your attention to the astonishingly low half-day tutorial fees:
Half-Day Tutorial/Workshop Early Registration (early-bird deadline by May 22!)
ACM/IEEE/SIG/ASIS&T Members - $70
Non-ACM/IEEE/SIG/ASIS&T Members - $95
ACM/IEEE/SIG/ASIS&T Student - $20
Non-member Student - $40

Half-Day Tutorial/Workshop Late/Onsite Registration
ACM/IEEE/SIG/ASIS&T Members - $95
Non-ACM/IEEE/SIG/ASIS&T Members - $120
ACM/IEEE/SIG/ASIS&T Student - $40
Non-member Student - $60

Hope to see you there!

**********************************
Robert H. McDonald
Associate Dean for Library Technologies
Deputy Director-Data to Insight Center, Pervasive Technology Institute
Indiana University
1320 East 10th Street
Herman B Wells Library 234
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812-856-4834
Email: [log in to unmask]
Skype: rhmcdonald
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4258-0982

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1