Hot on the heels of the successful second DPLAfest
<http://dp.la/info/get-involved/dplafest/april-2015/>, we’re looking for
the next great site to host next year’s interactive, productive, and
exciting event. DPLAfest is an annual event that brings together hundreds
of people to celebrate the Digital Public Library of America, our many
partners across the country, and our large and growing community of
practitioners and members of the public who contribute to, and benefit
from, DPLA.

DPLAfest 2015 was co-hosted by the Indianapolis Public Library, Indiana
State Library, Indiana Historical Society, and the IUPUI University
Library. Those great institutions were proud to host well over 300 attendees
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/dpla/sets/72157652052355166> from across the
world for two-days <https://dplafest2015.sched.org/> of discussions,
workshops, hands-on activities, and fun events.

DPLAfest host organizations are essential contributors to one of the most
prominent gatherings in the country involving librarians, archivists, and
museum professionals, developers and technologists, publishers and authors,
teachers and students, and many others who work together to further the
mission of providing maximal access to our shared cultural heritage. For
colleges and universities, DPLAfest is the perfect opportunity to directly
engage your students, educators, archivists, librarians and other
information professionals in the work of a diverse national community of
information and technology leaders. For public libraries, hosting DPLAfest
brings the excitement and enthusiasm of our community right to your
hometown, enriching your patrons’ understanding of library services through
free and open workshops, conversations, and more. It’s also a chance to
promote your institution nationally and internationally, given the
widespread media coverage of DPLAfest and the energy around the event.

*If this opportunity sounds right for you and your organization, let us
know*! We are calling on universities and colleges, public libraries,
archives, museums, historical societies, and others to submit expressions
of interests to serve as hosts or co-hosts for DPLAfest 2016, which will
take place in mid-April 2016.

To apply, review the information below and submit an expression of interest
on behalf of your organization via the form at the bottom of this page. *The
deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 15, 2015*. We will follow up with the
most promising proposals shortly following the deadline.

Collaborative applications (such as between a university and a nearby
public library) are encouraged. Preference will be given to applicants who
can provide venue spaces which are closely located to one another, or in
the same building complex or campus. Please note that some host partners
can contribute staffing or other day-of support in lieu of venue space.

You can learn more about DPLAfest here
<http://dp.la/info/get-involved/dplafest/>. Questions? Email [log in to unmask]
------------------------------

*Requirements of a DPLAfest 2016 Hosting Site*

   - Willingness to make local arrangements and coordinate with DPLA staff
   and any/all staff at host institution.
   - An auditorium or similar space suitable for a keynote presentation
   (minimum 250 people).
   - 10 or more smaller rooms for "breakout" sessions (30 - 50 people).
      - Preference will be given to hosts that can provide breakout rooms
      equipped with projection/display capabilities.
   - Availability of wireless network for all attendees, potentially in
   excess of 300 simultaneous clients, for free or via conference sponsorship.
   - An organizational commitment to donate use of all venue spaces. (As a
   small non-profit with limited funds, as well as a strong desire to keep
   DPLAfest maximally open to the public, we’re unable to pursue host
   proposals that are unable to offer free or deeply-discounted use of venue
   spaces).
   - Ability to provide at least one staff person for every venue space to
   help with day-of AV support, logistical support, etc.
   - Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and openness to all.

*Additional Desirable Qualities*

   - Proximity to a major airport and hotels.
   - Co-location of proposed event spaces (ie., same building or nearby
   buildings).
   - Location outside of the Midwest or Boston, MA area (we’re rotating the
   location of DPLAfest each year; we celebrated DPLAfest 2013
   <http://dp.la/info/get-involved/dplafest/oct-2013/> in Boston and DPLAfest
   2015 <http://dp.la/info/get-involved/dplafest/april-2015/> in
   Indianapolis).

*Apply now!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bb5lPbPfOBXLUPhVZO-EYeHDAnMtXo48mu03SDfIheE/viewform>*

Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]>
Director of Technology, Digital Public Library of America