Please consider, apply, pass along to those who might be interested.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 7, 2015 at 11:44 PM
Subject: call for participants (extended to May 10): Access/ibility in
Digital Publishing
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],

 Passing along the message below on behalf of Cheryl Ball at West Virginia
University. The deadline for applications has been extended to this coming
Sunday, May 10.

***

 2015 Summer Seminar:
Access/ibility in Digital Publishing

 JULY 7–10, 2015

 Director: Cheryl E. Ball
Associate Director: Sara N. Ash Georgi

 This seminar will explore the role that editors, authors, publishers, and
information scientists can take in promoting the accessibility of digital
texts. For the purposes of this workshop, accessibility will be explored
with a wide range of definitions, including open access, access and
preservation (metadata), and accessibility to scholars. This four-day
workshop will bring in a range of speakers from each of these themes to
help guide workshop participants towards creation of a working document
that outlines some current best practices in accessibility standards for
digital scholarship, including media-rich digital projects.

 We hope that participants will include scholars working in these areas,
such as editors of digital journals, digital scholarship librarians, and
authors working on digital projects, as well as scholars who are interested
in helping facilitate these discussions and the formation of these
guidelines.

 We hope that the roles of both speakers and participants blur into a
collective working group that produces guidelines that help us take the
21st century of publishing into the 22nd.

 Invitation to Participate

 We invite you to apply to participate in the workshop. Several slots that
will cover transportation and housing costs for the workshop are open to
participants.

 To apply, please tell us briefly (300 words max) why you would like to
participate or how you could contribute to the discussion. Email your
application to [log in to unmask] by Friday, May 1, 2015. If you do not
receive confirmation within 48 hours that we received your application,
please send it again.

 The 2015 Summer Seminar is hosted with support from the Department of
English, the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, the WVU Libraries, and
West Virginia University.

 http://english.wvu.edu/centers-projects/summer-seminar

Rebecca Kennison
Principal, K|N Consultants
347 746 5931 office
510 541 3119 mobile
Web: knconsultants.org and openaccessnetwork.org
Twitter: @KNConsultants <https://twitter.com/KNConsultants> and @OA_Network
<https://twitter.com/oa_network>