Thanks Eric for posting the webinar in the other thread.

I am pretty sure that digitizing something in the public domain does not
change its copyright status, at least in the U.S. The digitizing agency
certainly has the right to sell, restrict access, watermark, or even keep
the scans locked up on a thumb drive in a closet. They are not obligated to
share or to provide the digital files in a re-usable format. However, the
digitizing agency cannot dictate any copyright restrictions on the
digitized copies once released to the public.

#iamnotalawyer and welcome correction

best,

Jimmy

--