Community Services & UX Design Librarian
Trenton Free Public Library
Trenton

The Trenton Free Public Library is in search of a passionate, creative, type-A
professional Librarian!!

The successful candidate will, with a great deal of autonomy, work directly
for the Library Director. They will engage in all aspect of professional
Librarianship within the organization. In addition, they will be responsible
for the development and relevancy of the Library's Community Services and
Adult Programming. They will assist other Librarians in
pulling together various divergent areas of the Library's services to create a
systematic approach to Outreach and Adult Programming. Most
impactful, this Librarian will be responsible for working with the Innovation
Catalyst Librarian to create a cohesive and expectional overall User
Experience in ever aspect of Library services.

The Librarian must have strong leadership skills, passion, and an ability to
implement 21st Century Librarianship and Library Services in all aspects of
Library Service.

In addition,

  * a thorough knowledge of:
    * the principles, practices and techniques of modern library operation;
    * current trends in the delivery of library services;
    * library and social media technology;
    * current Outreach and Programming trends and models;
    * integration of technological solutions for everyday challenges;
    * reference and research techniques;
    * solid collection development experience;
  * the ability:
    * to maintain accurate records and statistics and complete reports;
    * exercise initiative and independent judgment;
    * establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and all library staff;
    * communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
We are an exceptional organization looking for exceptional
professionals. This individual will be held to the highest
ethical and professional standards. This individual should be a role-model for
all staff, at all times, on all issues. We are seeking someone who is customer
oriented, knowledgeable about library issues, passionate about Libraries, and
recognizes that going 'above and beyond' is simply part of the
job. We seek team members who will provide the calming and
considered influence necessary for productive relationships with colleagues
and a desirable work environment. We seek an individual who consistently
exercises solid critical thought, who understands that "good enough" never is,
and wants to be a consistently positive professional influence within our
organization.

Education and Experience

The successful candidate must have a Master's degree in library science from
an ALA-accredited library school and public library experience. Demonstrated
knowledge of technology and social media is expected. Spanish skills are a
plus. Veterans are encouraged to apply..

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21365/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/