Omeka Developer Sought
Ramapo College
Mahwah

The Jane Addams Papers, a documentary editing project that aims to publish the
papers of America's best known social worker, recently moved to Ramapo College
in northern New Jersey, with a new editing team. We have secured funding to
relaunch the project in September 2015 as a digital edition. I plan to use
Omeka as the content management system for the project and am looking for a
developer to create some customizations. I am hoping to have some of the work
done by November 2015 so that we can begin entering documents.

The main customization I need is an administrative plugin that will allow me
to track progress on documents and other items. For example, while I can
publish metadata on all documents, I need to secure repository permission to
publish the images of the document, and copyright permission to publish the
transcriptions of the document. I also need to track which items have been
proofread and fact checked. I would also like to be able to publish groups of
items at once, based on their metadata, and update the metadata to indicate
that the document has been published. My goal is to publish newly completed
documents quarterly, starting in April
2016. The public theme for the site
would not need to be completed until April.

I also would like to create items that describe the people, places,
organizations, and events covered in the documents and link them so that when
the reader is looking at the document, he can click on these terms and go to
an identification. I have described these and a few other
customizations more fully on a Google doc at [https://docs.
google.com/document/d/1juUmXxT_rjUZblV_ZLTZalu8bd9iFY_VDPogBi4-Ydo/edit](https
://docs.google.com/document/d/1juUmXxT_rjUZblV_ZLTZalu8bd9iFY_VDPogBi4-Ydo/edi
t).

Please contact me if you are interested

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21635/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/