thanks for the responses - queries against 5 classes _are_ possible using the linked data search interface, but no bulk download is available (I asked and was told no by Mark Trail of LC, and that "the original MARC data is tied up in cost recovery statutes").

LCC is also browsable and searchable via the Classification Web service, but no downloads.

I'm hoping that someone has done this slog and has made it available. If I wind up doing it all (I began with just two letters), I *will* make it freely available!