Weıre actually also working on getting a bibliography from a Word Doc to a
more structured format. Weıre using regular expressions in LibreOffice
Writer to mark up the citations, then insert tabs between the elements,
and then copy into a spreadsheet (similar to whatıs described in
http://programminghistorian.org/lessons/understanding-regular-expressions).
 However, our bibliography was originally a Word Doc, not OCRed text. This
method is pretty reliant on consistent formatting, though, so messy OCR
could complicate things. Another thing to note is that itıs easiest when
you know what format the citation is for (e.g., a book or article), since
that impacts how the citation is structured.  Iıd be happy to provide a
sample citation in each step of the process.

All the best,
Bonnie