I am fairly uninformed, but my understanding is that Bibframe is designed to allow distinguishing between work and manifestation as in FRBR.  Will there be some resource that we can send an ISBN for the manifestation, and get back a permanent unique identifier for the work? (I hope I've got my FRBR concepts straight)?   And if not now, when?  I'm in the thougt-experiment phase of planning a dataset that would be based on works, and looking for a good identifier for it.

Cindy Harper
E-services and periodicals librarian
Virginia Theological Seminary
Bishop Payne Library