Hi Eric,

I’ve worked with EEBO as part of the Jisc Historical Texts (https://historicaltexts.jisc.ac.uk/home) platform - which provides access to EEBO and other collections for UK Universities. My work was around the metadata and search of metadata and full text and display of results. I was mainly looking at metadata but did some digging into the TEI files to see how the markup could be used to extract metadata (e.g. presence of illustrations in the text).

I was lucky (?!) enough to have access to the MARC records, but I did also do some work looking at the metadata included in the TEI files.

If there is anything I can help with I’d be happy to.

 The people who worked with the files in detail were a UK s/w development company Knowledge Integration (http://www.k-int.com/) - I can give you a contact there if that would be helpful.

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting