Well, that's a little unfair.  As I understand it, they were trying to migrate to a new database and something broke badly.  Working on that uncovered a number of other problems that have to be resolved as well.

Ralph

From: William Denton<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Sent: ?Sunday?, ?June? ?14?, ?2015 ?11?:?17? ?AM
To: Code for Libraries<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

On 12 June 2015, LeVan,Ralph wrote:

> This is as close to an official statement as I can find:
>
> http://www.oclc.org/developer/news/2015/dewey-down.en.html

"We've decided to take Dewey.info offline for the time being. Further
investigation identified architectural improvements that must be implemented
before we can provide future access to this service-even in its experimental
state. There is no current projected date for the return of Dewey.info right
now."

It's a sad thing when OCLC removes access to the popular linked data
representation of its internationally-used proprietary classification
scheme---sad not only that it did it, but that it can at all.

Bill
--
William Denton ?  Toronto, Canada ?  https://www.miskatonic.org/