Hi Cindy,

This doesn't quite address your issue, but, unless you've hit the 2 GB
Access size limit [1], Access can handle a good deal more than 250,000
item records ("rows," yes?) you cited.

What makes you think you've hit the limit?  Slowness, something else?

All the best,
Kevin

[1]
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Access-2010-specifications-1e521481-7f9a-46f7-8ed9-ea9dff1fa854