Librarian I - Spanish Language Services (Aurora Public Library, Illinois)
Aurora Public Library
Aurora

**Librarian I - Spanish Language Services**

**Santori Public Library**

The Aurora Public Library, Aurora, Illinois seeks a full-time bi-lingual
Librarian I for the new Richard & Gina Santori Public Library of Aurora.

Duties include providing basic reference and reader's advisory services to
adults and young adults; providing assistance in use of print and electronic
resources; conducting library orientation and tours; assisting with the
collection development of Spanish materials; assists with the
creation/presentation of programs for the Hispanic community; ability to
communicate clearly and effectively in English and Spanish; represent the
Library at community events to promote library services to Spanish speakers;
creates Spanish and bilingual displays; ability to conduct a reference
interview; ability to perform advanced internet searching; knowledge of
professional library practices, procedures and technology; and understands and
enforces the library's policies while safeguarding confidential and restricted
information.

Requires a MLS from an ALA accredited institution; one year work experience
with the public; excellent communication and customer service skills; ability
to read and comprehend oral and written instructions in English and Spanish;
Spanish fluency.

Salary range starts at $43,450. Benefits include insurance, vacation after one
year, holiday, sick and personal days and participation in IMRF pension plan;
Union environment. The 40 hour work week schedule includes weekend rotation
and one evening shift per week.

To apply download and complete the Employment Application found on the library
website at www.aurorapubliclibrary.org. Submit your completed Employment
Application, resume, cover letter and three professional references to
[log in to unmask] or mail to Aurora Public Library,
Administration Office, 101 S. River Street, Aurora, IL 60506.

Application deadline: August 15, 2015

Post 7/29/15 - 8/15/15

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22046/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/