 Software Engineer – Bibliographic Systems
University of California, Davis
Davis

Come help UC Davis redefine the future of library services! If you are a new
developer hoping to make a difference in how we find and preserve information
for future generations, we have a job that you might be interested in!

UCD is a leader at working with RDF data, developing new ways of integrating
content from across the campus, and is launching a new data services
program. In every area of digital libraries, we are pushing
at the boundaries of what is expected.

Ever wonder what it would mean to combine usage data from across discovery
systems to build new recommending services tailored to individual researchers?
So do we! Did you ever wonder if we really need a traditional discovery layer
for our local catalog? We do too! Join us to be part of the
conversation!

UC Davis is one of the leading research institutions in the world, and is
within easy commuting distance of the San Francisco Bay Area or
Sacramento.

This position develops and maintains a data refinery to facilitate
bibliographic data analysis and linking. You'll be responsible for conversion
of MARC data into XML and RDF formats; and support BIBFRAME and schema.org
databases. You'll modify data descriptions, support catalog transactions, and
assist in data integrations within UCD and across the UC campuses. You will
conduct extract, transform, and load (ETL) operations on our Ex Libris Aleph
catalog database.

About you: You'll have 3 years' experience in Java, Ruby, Python or PHP and
associated application frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, and Ruby on
Rails, and demonstrable experience in one other of these languages. You will
have experience in the use of code repositories and versioning environments,
such as GitHub, Subversion, or BitBucket. And, you'll have experience
creating, editing, and executing transformations on XML and JSON data.

The position to the ITIS Department Head and represents the Library in UC-wide
bibliographic systems committees.Salary: Programmer IV
($49,786 - $89,615)

For additional details and information on how to submit an online application,
please visit www.employment.ucdavis.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=71496.

The position will remain open until filled.

UC Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer

UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective July 1, 2014

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22291/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/