Scott, Norie,

Kudos to you for starting this up, and sharing this on list. This seems to me exactly the kind of <wacky,alternative,grassroots,important> work that librarians & archivists can do in the age of the Internet to help preserve and provide access to our cultural heritage.  I will definitely pass along the blog to my colleagues at Stanford doing related work.

Speaking of which, the Internet Archive has recenlty been doing some very impressive work on capturing, preserving and serving music. See https://archive.org/details/etree and https://blog.archive.org/2014/10/28/building-music-libraries/, e.g. If you haven’t yet reflected IA’s efforts in your blog (and I don’t see it, though that may be an oversight on my part), it might be a worthy addition. With the IA’s new focus on “Building Libraries Together”, they could be a great online host and library for materials that might otherwise be lost.

Cheers,

- Tom