[CODE4LIB] interconnecting with links in pdf files
From: Sergio Letuche <[log in to unmask]>
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Hello community,

could you please suggest me the best way to treat the following use case:

We have a lot of pdf files, which have in them a lot of links
(terms), referring to different pages in the same pdf, or to a page in
another pdf file. Noticed that links do not behave well, when opened for
example with the default google chrome's pdf reader. So my aproach is to
force download the pdf. So the situation is getting mixed: One has a pdf
stored locally, and all the links load again the pdf, to be read online...

Do you have any ideas, best practice i could follow, so as to make this
work in a better way?

Best

p.s. we are using drupal to serve the pdf files, but i guess this is
irrelevant...