The Open Preservation Foundation (OPF) is delighted to welcome Preservica
as its newest charter member.

Preservica has over a decade of expertise in digital preservation,
investing in many research initiatives as well as being a well-respected
member of several international collaborations with academia, archives,
libraries and corporations. Today, Preservica’s on-premise and cloud hosted
digital preservation and access solutions are used by leading institutions
and organisations around the world.

'Preservica is a long term supporter of open source software’ explains
Martin Springell, Product Director of Preservica. ‘Our digital preservation
solutions utilise a number of open source components, including JHOVE, and
we see collaborating with OPF as a great opportunity to make a more
structured contribution to open source tool development and stewardship for
the digital preservation community.’

'We’re particularly pleased that Preservica has chosen to join the Open
Preservation Foundation and take a prominent role in ensuring the
sustainability of open source digital preservation software’ comments Ed
Fay, Executive Director of OPF. ‘They bring a wealth of industry expertise,
gained over many years of providing solutions to institutions of all sizes,
which will strengthen our community activities to progress digital
preservation technology and share knowledge openly for the benefit of all.’

Preservica joins OPF members from archives, libraries, research
institutions, universities, and service providers collaborating on shared
solutions for effective and efficient digital preservation.

For more information about Preservica visit: http://preservica.com/

To find out more about the benefits of becoming an OPF member and how to
join visit: http://openpreservation.org/about/join/.

--
Becky McGuinness | Community Manager
@openpreserve | Skype: becky.mcguinness1