For cross domain tracking I believe you have to set the functions for
appending cookie data to the url yourself, so they should be in your GA
javascript someplace. There's a special method they have to make it easier.
There's more information here:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cross-domain

Best regards,
*Jason Bengtson, MLIS, MA*
Innovation Architect

*Houston Academy of MedicineThe Texas Medical Center Library*
1133 John Freeman Blvd
Houston, TX   77030
http://library.tmc.edu/
www.jasonbengtson.com