Director of Digital Strategies
Multnomah County Library
Portland

At Multnomah County Library, our mission is to empower our community to learn
and create. More than ever, technology is a critical element of fulfilling
this mission. The library is addressing a complex set of parallel challenges:
meeting patron expectations of a virtual environment that rivals the Google or
Amazon experience; seamlessly incorporating a disparate suite of resources;
providing high-touch personal assistance; and serving as a champion to ensure
that everyone has the access, tools and skills to succeed in an increasingly
connected world. If you want to help the library directly impact the lives of
almost one million people in our community, we invite you to join us as our
Director of Digital Strategies. The Director of Digital Strategies provides
leadership for the library's technology vision and digital strategy, ensuring
that we have sustainable and robust information technology that supports
innovative and progressive services to our diverse community. In this role,
you are responsible for working collaboratively with partners inside and
outside the library to plan, define and develop leading edge technology
solutions. Those solutions will align with patron and staff
needs, all in support of the library's priorities and strategies and while
remaining fiscally prudent. You will work with vendors to acquire equipment,
software and services while coordinating activities and collaborating with
library staff and the Multnomah County IT team across a broad spectrum of
modern and evolving technologies. To be an ideal candidate for this role, you
will bring: Demonstrated success aligning people, processes and technology.
Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and customer relationship
skills. Proven experience working with executive management, business
partners, stakeholders and staff. Successful track record of quickly building
trust, influencing outcomes, and delivering innovation. Work experience in a
large, diverse, urban environment. If you're ready to empower a community, we
invite you to learn more about this position by clicking on the link below.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22568/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/