Our ILS (library system) has a mechanism to run tasks on a schedule.
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to track the success & failure of these
scheduled tasks.  We also have some cron-initiated processes that perform
additional processing on the files generated by the ILS scheduler.

We would like to acquire or develop a simple reporting system to track the
execution of these processes.  I would envision that this system that would
allow scheduled tasks to post the following information at job start up and
at job completion.

   - Task name
   - Task Step (Start, Export, Import, FTP, Complete)
   - Date/Time
   - Data relevant to the process (number of items processed)

Ideally, we would like to have a centralized view of the status of these
tasks in a spreadsheet-like view.  We do not need the system to initiate
tasks or to attempt to restart tasks.

Before we consider building a simple system to perform this function, are
you aware of any existing software or open source projects that might
accomplish this goal?

Thanks, Terry

--
Terry Brady