Wanted: Drupal Developer For Free/Open Source Citizen Archivist Drupal game module
Tiltfactor
Hanover

**Wanted: Drupal Module Developer
For Free/Open Source Citizen Archivist Drupal game module**

**## Description ##**
In collaboration between the University of Edinburgh's Library Labs and
Tiltfactor at Dartmouth College, we are designing a Drupal module that allows
users to play a tagging game on an institution's website. The Metadata Games
Module will select game images via the institution's repository software API
(DSpace/Fedora/LUNA software). Data submitted by players will be stored on the
Institution website and later exported/downloaded in .csv or .json formats.

The open-source game is designed for altruism-motivated players whose game
experience ranges between 'zero experience' and 'some experience in the past,
but no recent experience.' Gameplay is short, ideal for casual gameplay during
work/study breaks or something to past time. We are looking for potential
developers and early adopters, if you are interested please let us know!

**## Education and Experience ##**
* expert with PHP
* extensive experience with Drupal module development
* have developed and released a Drupal module available via https://www.drupal.org

* experienced with handling JSON data; bonus for experience with JSON-LD
* experience with XML and XSLT
* bonus for experience with OAI-PMH
* bonus for experience with using Fedora, DSpace, or Luna APIs

* experience creating HTML5 applications, especially HTML5 games
* well versed in JavaScript
* expert with JavaScript libraries such as jQuery; bonus if you know createJS suite

* experienced with HTML5-based APIs, such as using web audio API
* experienced with responsive design
* well versed using CSS in responsive design; bonus for knowledge of Sass and LESS
* comfortable using git version control with a development team
* bonus for experience working on open source projects

Ideal candidate is a team-player --or a team-- who can work independently and
flexibly. We want creative problem solvers who value nuances in programming.
We are looking for a group who ideally loves working on cultural heritage
projects and for the public good, and has a can-do
attitude.

**This is a project-based contract position. Remote work is acceptable, but candidate must have EDT day-time availability and quality portfolio/references.

To Apply: Send URLS, application letter, CV and 3 refs to

Questions? Email us at [log in to unmask] or call us at +1 603 646
1007**

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/23677/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/