NISO October Virtual Conference: Interacting with Content: Improving the User Experience
Virtual conferences are 5-6 hour conferences held online in webinar-like formats, with occasional breaks in the schedule for participants. The longer length allows the depth of coverage of a conference coupled with the convenience of a webinar.
Date: October 28, 2015
Time: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern
Event webpage: http://www.niso.org/news/events/2015/virtual_conferences/user_exp/
ABOUT THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
The demands for awareness of and responsiveness to the academic user experience (UX) are increasingly important for all players in the scholarly communications industry. What began as a software development methodology has proven to be a critical function in our ability to deliver high-quality scholarly resources to a global readership. In this virtual conference, we will feature a range of perspectives on how publishers, libraries and technology suppliers achieve an understanding of reader needs and perspectives, in order to drive iterative improvements in the way users interact with the content we host, publish, and license.
• Keynote Address: Courtney Green Mcdonald, Head, Discovery and Research Services, Associate Librarian, Indiana University Bloomington Libraries
• Service Design: Towards a Holistic Assessment of the Library Experience - Joe Marquez, MLIS, Web Services Librarian, Reed Libraries, Reed College and Annie Downey, MLIS, PhD, Reed Libraries, Director of Research Services, Reed College
• Object-Oriented UX - Sophia Voychehovski, Founder and Lead UXer, ReWired UX Studio
• A UX Case Study - Angie Thorpe, Digital User Experience Librarian, Library, Indiana University Kokomo
• Iteration-focused User Experience Testing - Jeffrey William Gallant, Affordable Learning Georgia Visiting Program Officer for OER, University System of Georgia and Laura Bell Wright, Head of Reference, Odum Library, Valdosta State University• THE UX of Scholarship: The Editors of Weave: The Journal of Library User Experience• Pete Coco, Web Services Librarian, Boston Public Library• Kyle Felker, Digital Initiatives Librarian, Grand Valley State University Libraries• Shoshana Mayden, Content Strategist at University of Arizona Libraries• Matthew Reidsma, Web Services Librarian, Grand Valley State University• Free-Range Searching - Kate Lawrence, Vice President, User Research, EBSCO Information Services
• Roundtable Discussion - Moderated by: Todd Carpenter, Executive Director, NISO
Registration is per site (access for one computer) and closes at 4:00 pm Eastern on October 27, 2015 (the day before the virtual conference). Discounts are available for NISO members and students. All virtual conference registrants receive access to the recorded version for one year.
Can't make it on the day of the virtual conference? All registrants receive access to the recorded version for one year. Take advantage of the Virtual Conference subscription package (http://www.niso.org/news/events/2015/virtual_conferences/#subscription) for all six of the 2015 Virtual Conferences and save 33%. (Previously held 2014 virtual conferences available in recorded versions.)
For more information and to register, visit the event webpage: http://www.niso.org/news/events/2015/virtual_conferences/user_exp/
To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link: